Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Backsquat PR--FINALLY!!

I've been working on my backsquat for the last 2 months, and I just haven't been able to break above 130#...until yesterday.

Finally! I'm at 135#. I swear, it felt like my guts were going to come out (but it was a good "guts gonna fall out" kind of feeling).

My core strength is greatly increasing.

On Monday I did a Relative Intensity WOD of: AMRAP in 30 mins of: 5 pull ups; 10 ring dips ( I scaled to 50% of my max reps and did sets of 2 ring dips); 15 sit ups.

I managed 25 rounds. That means I did 125 pullups (and only one tear!); 50 ring dips and a whopping 375 sit ups. (I have two beautiful strawberries on my butt to prove it!)

I have officially reached my original goal. I am "stronger than I've ever been in my life".

I am also a super proud member of the Team CrossFit Academy USAW Weightlifting Team! Never in my wildest dreams did I EVER imagine I would be interested in that. But I LOVE weightlifting! I feel so strong and powerful every time I hoist a big load over my head. I can't wait until my Clean & Jerk and Snatch are beautiful--MOST of the time!

I had another nice PR last night during the mini WOD too. We were asked to do 3 Rounds for time of: 15 kipping pullups and 10 kb swing snatches. I did my first set of kipping pullups without stopping. That is a new PR!

Great! Let's keep pushing it to see how much stronger I can become.

No comments: