Thursday, August 13, 2009

Wham Bam, Thank you Ma'am!

Cool!!!!!

Vanessa and Michael Keating really helped me further hone in my Clean and Jerk and Snatch. I FINALLY got to fully experience "getting under the bar" rather than muscling my way through it.

It was much easier, and I PR'ed as a result.

Crazy how good this Relative Intensity training is. My PR Power Clean less than one month ago was 80#. Today my max was 103#.

Nuts. My old record recorded originally a few months ago of max kipping pullups was 14. Today I hit 22.

I also did JT today. 21-15-9 of handstand pushups, ring dips and chest to deck pushups.

I still had to scale. My handstand pushups started out with 2-25# weights and one abmat. I managed 8 before I failed. I only did 4 ring dips (my max) each set. I did all of my pushups to standard. This took me about 12 minutes.

What is really cool is once again, not 3 weeks ago, I had to use 3 abmats for my handstand push ups. Now I am almost down to two.

The human body is an amazing machine. I love making mine stronger and better!

No comments: