Thursday, October 9, 2008

Keys to a Happy Life

You know, I've noticed that the harder I work, the happier I am. I think that's why I'm into fitness; because it's such hard work!

I've noticed at work, if I didn't give 110%, I'm disappointed and bored. Same goes for Crossfit or running.

There is nothing better than pouring sweat after Crossfit with your arms and legs feeling like Jello. You just KNOW that you're going to be sore for days. And you just KNOW the next time you have to do whatever it was you did today, you'll be that much better at it.

Someone said that the difference between professional athletes and amateurs is their tolerance for pain. I'm trying to build up my tolerance. I'm still way too much of a wimp for my own taste, but I'm improving.

I ran 400 meter sprints today in 1.5 mins each. That would be a 6 minute mile if I could keep that pace the entire time. It hurt like hell, but boy did it feel good to do it.

I'm running another 1/2 marathon this weekend--maybe I'll even do more--we'll see.

No comments: