Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Getting to be a Big Girl Now

Ok, you know how you set some goals and you think "when I reach that milestone,I'll know I'm playing with the big girls now"?

I'm not there yet.

But I am closing in fast.

Today I PR'ed in the Snatch by 10# to 83. My old PR was 73, which happened 3 weeks ago. Before that, I was stuck at 70# for about 3 months. And, I got under the bar 3 times at 88; I just couldn't stabilize. I think that PR is just around the corner.

I also PR'ed on Clean and Jerk, although only by 5#. Still, never knock a stat increase, so I am glad. I power cleaned 113, only to drop it in the jerk.

No biggie. Once again, I know I am closing in on the prize.

Eric asked us for goals recently. Honestly, I haven't had a spare minute between training and running a business to really sit down and think about it. But I can name two goals right now off the top of my head.

I want a 100# Snatch by the end of June.

I want a 135# Clean and Jerk by then too.

I was talking to my friend Jeff tonight. We are both amazed that WODs and weights that virtually seemed unthinkable not so long ago are suddenly within our reach.

I swear the 2011 games are calling my name. I would love to represent the over 45 crowd of women badasses.

Mikey Campi said it best, CrossFit does what religion is supposed to do. I couldn't have said it better myself.

No comments: