Monday, March 30, 2009

Suck Fest

Okay. WTF is going on?

If there's one thing I've been acutely aware of lately it is the importance of the MIND in anything I do.

When I want something "so bad I can taste it" or "desire to be the best, period", I reap great rewards in this physical CrossFit arena, b/c I am willing to push past the pain to get there.

But what the heck happened to me today? I came in almost dead last in today's WOD. I failed at 30 Standard Burpees and had to resort to the knees, when I was able to do 80 standard push-ups just last week. Lazy. Lazy. Lazy is about all I can say.

I KNOW I need to push harder than I've ever pushed to get to the next level. I KNOW I have it in me, but it's as if I am holding myself back out of some stupid fear.

Am I afraid of the pain?
Am I afraid I might actually excel?
Am I afraid if I do it well, it will be expected of me and I might let myself down if I can't live up to that standard?

When I saw Pablo fight on Saturday, I saw a WARRIOR. I saw someone who wanted it BAD!!!

I need to adopt that mindset, b/c this sucky baby wimpy approach has no place in my universe. I need to re-find the fire breather within that I was getting a glimpse of not too long ago.

Let's do it!

No comments: